Shaving is a quick way to remove the unwanted hairs but there are also some drawback like razor burn. Razor burn can be described as irritation on skin which happens soon after shaving. Razor burn causes burning sensation and can also see as red rash. Sometimes it can be swollen and itchy too.
Generally men who shaves their faces frequently are the ones who suffers from razor burn. Women also face razor burn after shaving their arm pits and legs.
There can be several causes of razor burn like:
- Use of hard soap,
- Using a dull blade,
- Unconditioned skin,
- Sensitive skin and
- Shaving dry.
Razor burn can cause discomfort. Fortunately there are some home remedies which will help you to get rid of the razor burn.
Here are Top home remedies which you can try at home:
Cold compress is an easy and effective way to treat the burning sensation caused by razor burns. It helps reducing the inflammation and soothing the area. Plus it helps in prevent razor bumps from forming and helps in reducing the redness and itching caused by razor burn.
- Take few ice cubes in a clean thin towel. Then place this towel simply on the targeted area for some time.
- Alternatively, take cold water in a container and soak a cloth in it and then place it on the affected area for some time until the feel of burning sensation go away.
- Follow either of these therapies few times a day as per the requirements.
- Tip: To prevent the razor burn, splash cold water on the skin after finishes of shaving.
Apple cider vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar can be used to treat the razor burn instantly. Apple cider vinegar have anti-inflammatory properties which works to reduce the itching sensation as well as inflammation. Apple cider vinegar helps in prevent the infection as it contains acetic acid.
- Take a cotton ball and dab it in apple cider vinegar, apply this cotton ball on the affected area.
- Let it air dry and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Follow this twice or thrice a day until the burning sensation stops completely.
- Note: If you have sensitive skin then you should dilute the apple cider vinegar with water before you apply it on your skin.
To get rid of razor burn aspirin is another very effective way which helps to quickly treat the burning sensation. It has anti-inflammatory properties which helps in reduce the inflammation and redness.
- Take one teaspoon of warm water and put 2 aspirin in it.
- Let it sit until it turns into a paste.
- Now apply this paste on the affected area of your skin.
- Leave it there for 10 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Use this therapy twice a day and it will help you to get rid of the discomfort. It will also remove the razor bumps.
- Note: Those who have sensitive skin should not use this remedy.