If you are scratching your skin all the time then you may have itchy skin which is a common problem during the summer time if you don’t sit in a cool place or you are working in a Non AC environment.
Itchy skin affects a lot of people nowadays. Depending on the seriousness, it can be annoying or intensely aggravating and also disrupting sleep and your daily activities.
Itchy skin can be the result of the various causes, some of the causes are as follows:
- Allergic reactions
- Skin infection
- Low quality soap and detergents
- Dry weather
- Insect Bites
- Some medications
Sometimes scratching gives temporary relief, but can also result in infections and injuries. There are many home remedies which can provide you relief from the itchy skin and prevent the complications caused by the excessive scratching.
Here are some of the home remedies which will help you to get rid of the itchy body.
Colloidal oatmeal helps in comfort and soothe the itchy skin. It does contain many soothing, anti-inflammatory and anti-irritating properties which provide instant relief from the itchy skin.
- Add around two cups of colloidal oatmeal in a bathtub which is filled with lukewarm water. Now soak your skin in this water for around 20 minutes. Do not use hot water because that may irritate your skin more. You can take this colloidal oatmeal bath twice a day which totally depends on the severity of your condition.
- Take one cup of colloidal oatmeal and add a little water it and then leave it to make a thickening paste. Now apply this paste over the itchy skin, and cover it with cloth, then leave it like that for half an hour. Try this remedy once daily.
Note: if colloidal oatmeal not available, you can take unprocessed oatmeal in place of that.
Both the itching and cold sensations travel along the same nerve fibers in the body, so by applying cool water on the affected area of the skin can bring fast relief from itchiness. There are many ways to use cool water for the treatment of itchy skin.
- Run the cool tap water on the affected area of the skin for as long as it feels better.
- You can rub an ice cube by wrapping it in a clean cloth over the targeted area.
- You can take a shower of cool water
- Can apply a cloth wet or cold compress with cool water over the targeted area.
Lemon is being used by people over ages to treat the itchy skin. It contains acetic and citric acids, which have great anesthetic, antiseptic, anti-irritating and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Take two fresh lemons and extract the juice out of them.
- Now apply this lemon juice over the affected skin area with a cotton ball.
- Let it dry for some time then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- To see the improvement in the condition, do this two times a day.
Juniper Berries and clover:
Cloves and juniper berries are used together to form an excellent natural remedy to treat for the itchy skin. Clove has a powerful essential oil which helps in numb the nerve endings which helps in reduce the itching sensations, while juniper berries have some important anti-inflammatory properties.
- Take six tablespoons of butter (unsalted) in a saucepan.
- Now melt two tablespoons of beeswax in another saucepan.
- Add the melted beeswax to the melted butter and mix them well.
- Mix around 5 tablespoons of ground juniper berries and around three tablespoons of cloves.
- Now let this mixture be cool for a few hours.
- Now apply this mixture on the targeted area and leave it overnight.
- In the morning wash it off while having a cool shower bath.
- Follow this remedy daily to see the best results.
Baking soda is the most famous home remedy for the skin rashes as well as itchy skin. The baking soda has anti-inflammatory properties which give a soothing effect to the itchy skin. It also acts as the natural acid neutralizer which helps relieve itching.
- Fill a bathtub with cool water, now add a cup of baking soda in it. Mix this well so that baking soda get mixed with water. Now sit in this water for around half an hour. Now pat dry yourself instead of rubbing your skin with the towel. Do this once daily.
- For the localized itching, Take three tablespoons of baking soda and one tablespoon of water and then mix this to make a paste out of it. Apply this paste over the affected or targeted area and leave it on for about 10 minutes. Do this once daily.
Note: If you have broken skin or open wounds that do not use baking soda therapy.
Apple cider vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar has antiseptic, antifungal, anti-itching and antibacterial properties which help to get rid of itching.
- Fill the bathtub with lukewarm water and then add two to three cups of apple cider vinegar in it. Now soak in this lukewarm water solution for about 30 minutes. Then pat dries your skin with a towel and applies a light moisturizer. Do this daily to get better results.
- To treat the localized itching, you can apply the apple cider vinegar on the targeted areas with the help of a cotton ball. Leave it for half an hour and then rinse off with the help of lukewarm water. Do this once or two times for a few days until you see the better results.
The general tip to get rid of the itchy skin is that try to avoid the spicy food as much as you can and do drink lots of fluids during the day time as you get itchy skin when your body gets dehydrated. Do not use any kind of products without being consulted with the doctor first.
The above-mentioned remedies are very good and will give you the desired results if followed by as per the instructions. These remedies will help you to save some money from the doctor consultation fees. Hope the above information was useful for you. Do comment on the article your views and any other requirement of you so that we will post your desired article.