If you are scratching your skin all the time then you may have itchy skin which is common problem during the summer time if you don’t sit in a cool place or you are working in a non AC environment. Itchy skin affects lot of people now a days. Depending on the seriousness, it can be annoying or intensely aggravating and also disrupting sleep and your daily activities.
Itchy skin can be the result of the various causes, some of the causes are as follows:
- Allergic reactions
- Skin infection
- Low quality soap and detergents
- Dry weather
- Insect bites
- Some medications
Sometimes scratching gives a temporary relief, but can also results in infections and injuries. There are many home remedies which can provide you relief from the itchy skin and prevent the complications caused by the excessive scratching.
Here are some of the home remedies which will help you to get rid of the itchy skin.
Colloidal oatmeal helps in comfort and soothe the itchy skin. It does contain many soothing, anti-inflammatory and anti-irritating properties which provides the instant relief form the itchy skin.
- Add around two cups of colloidal oatmeal in a bathtub which is filled with lukewarm water. Now soak your skin in this water for around 20 minutes. Do not use hot water because that may irritate your skin more. You can take this colloidal oatmeal bath twice a day which is totally depends on the severity of your condition.
- Take one cup of colloidal oatmeal and add a little water it and then leave it to make a thicken paste. Now apply this paste over the itchy skin, and cover it with cloth, than leave it like that for half an hour. Try this remedy once daily.
Note: if colloidal oatmeal not available, you can take unprocessed oatmeal in place of that.
Both the itching and cold sensations travel along the same nerve fibers in the body, so by applying a cool water on the affected area of the skin can bring fast relief from itchiness. There are many ways to use the cool water for treatment of itchy skin.
- Run the cool tap water on the affected area of the skin for as long as it feels better.
- You can rub an ice cube by wrapping it in a clean cloth over the targeted area.
- You can take a shower of cool water
- Can apply a cloth wet or cold compress with cool water over the targeted area.