Fungal infection is caused by the Fungi which is a microorganism and present everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. In real, there are above 50000 species of fungi present in the environment.
Some of the fungi present in the environment are of the capability that it can live on human skin for many years without causing any kind of problem. However there are some factors which can enable the fungi to overgrow or change its conditions which ultimately lead to fungal infections.
Fungal infections are generally categorized by the types of the fungi which causing the problem, severity of the infection and the affected body part. Generally these infections occurs on the surface of the skin, any area of the skin or within the skin fold which is warm and humid and cause the intense itching.
Some of the common types of the fungal infection are:
- Jock itch and athlete foot
- Ringworm: It can affect the scalp and the part of the skin
- Onychomycosis: Affects the nail beds and the nails
- Candidiasis: Affects the vagina, mouth and urinary tract.
The severity of the fungal infection may vary from person to person.
There are several factors which can be the causes of the fungal infection, some of those factors are:
- Poor hygiene
- A week immune system
- Living in a warm environment
- Poor blood circulation and
- Skin injury and coming to the contact who is infected already.
Anybody can get any type of the fungal infection and in today’s active world it is fairly common. So to get rid of any type of fungal infection some of the simple home remedies are here which will help in destroying the fungi causing the infection as well as also helps in reducing the intensity of the symptoms of the fungal infection:
Apple cider vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar is the common and most useful treatment for any type of fungal infection. There are presence of antimicrobial properties in the apple cider vinegar which helps in killing the fungus causing the infection. Plus it also have acidic nature which helps in preventing the infection and stop spreading and also promotes speedy recovery.
- Take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a cup of warm milk and mix this well. Drink this two times a day.
- Alternative option is to take water and dilute equal amount of apple cider vinegar in it and then apply this externally on all the affected skin. Leave it there for 30 minutes. You can also try to soak the infected area in this solution for 30 minutes. When you are done with the therapy, pat dry the area with a clean towel or with the help of dryer.
Garlic is a very useful remedy and also an anti-fungal agent for any kind of fungal infection. It also has antibiotic and antibacterial properties which plays an important role in the recovery process.
- Take two garlic cloves and crush them, now add some drops of olive oil to it to make a paste. Now apply this paste on the overall affected area and leave it there for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes wash the area with lukewarm water and then pat dry the skin fully. Follow this two times daily to see the better results.
- The vagina fungal infection can be treated by: Take one garlic clove and wrap it in gauze and then put this in the vagina for 30 minutes only, do not put more than 30 minutes. Use this daily one time only for several days.
- To speed up the healing process of any kind of fungal infection you can also add some garlic cloves in your food while cooking. There are garlic supplements in the market, you can use them but only after consulting with the doctor.
Coconut oil is a very effective remedy for any kind of fungal infection because of the presence of medium-chain fatty acids in it. These fatty acids do their work as natural fungicides which kills the fungi responsible for the infection.
- Take extra virgin coconut oil and gently rub it on the affected area then allow it to dry for some time on its own. Repeat this process for two or three times daily.
- Mix same amount of coconut oil and cinnamon oil and then apply this on the affected area. Follow this twice daily so that infection can be controlled.
- Treat a vaginal infection, take some organic coconut oil and soak a tampon in it, then insert this in vagina. Leave it in vagina for 2 hours. After removing the tampon from vagina rinse that area thoroughly with lukewarm water. Repeat this process one time a day till the infection is gone.
Neem is the cheap and simple remedy and it has invaluable curative and healing powers. Instead of spending a load of money on the lotions and creams, use Neem for a complete and total healing. Boil a bucket of water than add some Neem leaves to this boiling water. Boil this water for five minutes after adding the leaves on a low heat, then turn off the heat. Now cool this water and then bathe with this from toe to head. Initially, bathe two times a day and later once a day till the infection has totally cleared out. You should also try to chew a few tender leaves of Neem for a week.
To treat a fungal infection, you can also use a plain and unsweetened yogurt. There are probiotics present in the plain yogurt which helps in keeping the growth of fungi in check by the process of producing lactic acid.
- Take some yogurt and a soak a clean cotton in it, then apply this on the infected area. Leave it there for 30 minutes, and after that rinse it off with lukewarm water and then pat dry with a clean towel. Follow this remedy twice a day until the infection gets cleared.
- To treat the vaginal infection, take a tampon and dip it in yogurt and then insert it in the vagina for two hours. Do this two times a day.
- Also add plain yogurt in your daily diet. Try to eat at least two or three cups of plain yogurt daily until the fungal infection is gone permanently.
To finish this article I would like to give you people a general tip about the fungal infection that this problem of fungal infection is the result of non-hygienic conditions. Sometimes we do share our beds with people who have fungal infection and then it transmits into us. So do take care of that. Hope the above information was useful to you, do eat healthy to get rid of any kind of fungal infection or any other health related problems.