Even though fever is not a that serious medical condition, most of us consult a doctor and take the necessary prescription for the disease. Well, before you go and wait for a doctor to consult you can try out some home remedies for fever which I will describe in details.
Fever definition: Fever is that state of the body if the body temperature is above the normal 98.6 F. In medical science, a person is said to have a fever if his/her body temperature is above 100.4 F.
Most of the fever does not cause any problems and helps the body fight off infections.
Fever symptoms: Following can be the symptoms of a fever:
- Headache: Pain anywhere in the region of the head or neck.
- Sweating: It is a state where the body starts releasing salt based fluid from sweat glands (armpits, face, palms of the hands, and soles of the feet).
- Shivering: When a body shakes slightly and uncontrollably as a result of being cold, frightened. This is the very common indicator of fever.
- Irritability: State of a body, in which person don’t like any activity, sound or person around him. Can be the indicator of fever.
- Dehydration: It is a condition that can occur when the loss of body fluids, mostly water exceeds the amount that is taken in. when you are affected by fever, dehydration can be the indicator you should take care.
- Weakness: it is a state of quality of being weak, lack of strength, firmness etc. can be the indicator of fever.
- Indigestion: Indigestion can be pain or discomfort in your upper abdomen or burning pain behind the breastbone.
- Muscle aches: When there is discomfort in your muscles that can be the indicator of the fever.
So how do you get a fever to break?
Sometimes fever is not so complicated and can be taken down with the help of a cool damp washcloth on the forehead of the patient. The patient should be given a lukewarm water bath, cold and hot water shall not be used in this situation.
A patient should be offered plenty of fluids and chilled foods such as ice pops and yogurt which will help in cooling down the body temperature from the inside out and keep the patient hydrated.
The patient should stay in bed and take rest as much as he can. And one last thing, instead of using AC or cooler, do prefer fan.
These are the natural treatments, now I am going to share some of the home remedies which will help you to treat the fever of your loved ones and will also save you some money on doctor consultation. So here are top seven home remedies for fever:
Cold water compression:
Cold water compression is best for preventing the temperature from rising. Let’s see how it’s done.
- Take ice cube in a bowl and fill the bowl with water.
- Take a clean cloth and dip this cloth into this cool water. Wait for a minute or two so the washcloth can get as cold as possible.
- Squeeze out any excess water and wipe the entire body with the wet cloth for about half an hour.
- It’s good to place this cloth over your forehead for half an hour.
Mint tea is an herbal beverage which is also an effective fever home remedy. Having a cup of mint tea can help to keep the internal organs cool and thus reduce the body temperature.
Mint is thought to increase bile secretion and encourage bile blow, which helps to speed and ease digestion.It can also help to extract excess heat from the body. Not just while having a fever, you can use mint tea twice a day to stay refreshed.
Black pepper tea:
Black pepper tea is an herbal tea should be served with black pepper. In old times it is used as a general home remedy for coughs and sore throats.
You can also add ginger, lemon, honey, and other herbal items to black pepper tea which can give additional herbal values.
Basil leaf extract:
This green leafy plant is also known as Eliza and mostly seen in Southeast Asia. In several Indian histories, this is specified as a natural treatment for many health situations from feet to head.
According to Indian traditions, holy basil is considered as a tonic for the body, mind, and spirit. All parts of the plant are recommended for different health conditions. Drinking the extract of this herb as a fever home remedy is widely practiced and very effective as well.
Eat soft food:
It is advised and also recommended to the patient to drink plenty of water and other liquids like juices etc. A soft meal is good if someone has a fever. The patient should eat meals of soft food from time to time, which make it easy for digestion.
Soft meals include Bread, cooked rice, cooked fruits and other soft peeled fruits such as:
- Kiwi etc.
Any other fruits which are not that hard to digest. In addition to that drinking plenty of fluids which helps to eliminate toxins and bacteria’s from the body through urine.
Get good rest:
In normal fever patient do not take much rest, instead, they prefer to watch TV or work on a phone. But this should not be the habit. A patient is advised to take rest as much as he can and should avoid TV, Laptops, and Phone as these are giving effect on eyes and headache can start by that.
Taking rest makes you feel better and gives time for your body and mind to fully recover and grow. While sleeping sweating is a good sign and it helps in lower the temperature.
Sweating means that your body is removing excess heat. When your body starts sweating, you will notice that your temperature is going down gradually.
Anti-Inflammatory, antiviral and antibacterial properties in garlic help to eliminate toxins from the body. It also promotes sweating that helps in lower the temperature when you are suffering from fever.
- Take 8-10 garlic cloves.
- Crush them to make a paste.
- Add one tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Mix this well and apply this on the feet of a patient.
Make sure you leave some spots uncovered as this will ensure the heat to escape. Wrap your feet with galls and allow the mixture to penetrate in your skin overnight. Wash it out with warm water the next morning.
So these are the top 7 home remedy for a fever that you can use while you or your loved ones get a fever and can save some amount which you will have to give doctor as a consultancy fee.
These are best and effective remedies and the results are very good of this. Do prefer these remedies above the medicines from the medical shop as those are more harmful.