Eczema scars also known as Dermatitis, is a group of diseases which results in inflammation of the skin. The main or exact cause for eczema scars is not known but there are several reasons due to which it can be triggered, some of which factors are:
- Excessive stress
- Hormonal changes in the body
- Changes in climate or weather
Any kind of disease occurs after its symptoms get noticed. There are also some symptoms for eczema scars which you should take care of.
- Itching in body
- Dryness in body
- Rashes and dark
- Redness on body
- Rough patches on the skin.
A treatment should be started if the above symptoms noticed by you. Often eczema leaves behind some ugly scars, which does take a lot of time to be disappeared.
To treat these eczema scars you should use your usual medicines or lotion and also some easy natural home remedies. These home remedies treatment will can give you a relief from itching and pain associated with eczema and eliminate or lighten unsightly scars.
Here are some top remedies for eczema scars:
Change your shampoo and soap:
Just avoid using anything which has sodium laurel sulphate containing in it. Sodium laurel sulphate is a major skin irritant and can worsen the eczema scars level. Also try to avoid parabens and other synthetic substances. Try to use natural soaps and shampoos, and always check the list of the ingredients of these products because some of these products contains the above irritants which does not suit your body and cause itching which leads to eczema scars.
Honey is generally used to treat all kind of skin problems including eczema scars. The antiseptic, antibacterial and soothing properties in honey helps in reducing the eczema and also heal eczema scars to a great extent.
- On the affected are of skin, apply honey daily after washing that area thoroughly.
- A scrub can also be formed using honey and crystallized sugar. Now use this scrub on the targeted area gently for a few minutes and then wash it off with normal water. Follow this remedy few times a week until the scar is completely gone.
Use natural moisturizers:
The main and the most common characteristics of the eczema scars is an overly dried up skin. You should use some natural moisturizers to remove this problem of dried skin. These natural moisturizing ingredients includes Cocoa butter, sweet almond carrier oil and Aloe vera. Try to buy these ingredients in their purest form as the creams containing these ingredients might often contain harmful chemical as well. However, make sure that you are not having any kind of infection before you use these products as a natural treatment for eczema on hands.
Aloe vera is a very popular home cure for eczema scars. The antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties in aloe vera helps in reducing the irritation which is caused by the eczema and gradually lighten the dark scars.
- Take some aloe vera gel and directly apply to the affected areas. Follow this few times a day until you see a great result with you are satisfied.
- Alternatively, take equal parts of pure aloe vera gel extracted out of fresh leaf and vitamin E oil to make a thin paste and then apply this paste on the affected part of the skin. Leave it overnight to dry and wash it off in the morning with warm water. Follow this remedy daily.
Generally if your follow a healthy and balanced diet, it will provide your all the nutrients and vitamins which you need but sometimes your body needs extra boost like in the case of eczema. Sometimes a lack of fatty acids results in forming eczema scars. Therefore you can take a supplements that contains omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids. These dietary supplement also contains antioxidants which improves the texture of the skin and enhance production of collagen in skin. These also try to protect our skin from the free radicals. This are the reasons why you should take Vitamin C, D and E, which are a rich source of antioxidants. These dietary supplements can be bought easily over the counter of a medical store. However, it will be a wise decision to first consult to a nutritionist before your try this natural cure for eczema scars.
Olive oil is generally used in all kind of skin problems including eczema scars. Olive oil has very effective and powerful anti-inflammatory effects which will help in relieving from eczema symptoms. Also it will help in softening the skin and reduce the redness and make disappear the scars.
- Take some extra virgin olive oil and gently massage the affected area with it.
- Take a hot wash cloth and place it over targeted area, leave it there until the cloth becomes totally cool. Then wipe out the excess oil with the help of lukewarm water.
- Follow this remedy daily, at least once.
- Note: if olive oil is not available for you then you can also use coconut oil in place of olive oil in the same way.
There are acidic properties in lemon juice which acts as a natural antiseptic which helps in lighten the old eczema scars. There is also presence of vitamin C in the lemon juice which also helps our body to form some new skin cells and brighten the tone of skin.
- Take some fresh lemon juice and apply it onto affected area twice a day and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes to get good results.
- Alternatively, you can also exfoliate your skin with the help of a mixture of one part sugar and one part lemon juice. Follow this remedy few times a week before you go to bed. This remedy will give you great results.
Eat proper foods to beat eczema:
Cow’s milk is generally known to cause the eczema problems. Try to eliminate this product out of your diet for some days and then observe the results. You can replace the cow’s milk with some almonds, oats, hazelnuts or rice milk. You can even use sheep, goat or buffalo’s milk for the replacement of cow’s milk. Even these milk’s are not completely safe. Some foods like citrus fruits, soya and glutted may also be the main reason for the eczema scars. So the get rid of the eczema scars, try to cut these products from your diet also. Some general tip for the treatment of eczema scars is while washing cloths take the right detergent.