Dry mouth is a condition which occurs when our mouth doesn’t produce enough saliva to keep mouth wet which results in the feeling of continual dryness in our mouth. Dry mouth problem generally occurs with the aging but it can also be found common in those who are taking any kind of medications.
It is not necessary that only age and medications are the only factors which cause dry mouth but there are several other causes which we are going to discuss in this article.
Let’s understand a bit more about dry mouth condition. When our salivary gland does not produce enough saliva which our mouth normally need then dry mouth problem occurs. Not only the dry mouth is a problem but also some other risk of dental conditions like tooth decay also come with dry mouth.
So what causes dry mouth: Here are some of the causes which are the main reasons for causing the dryness of mouth and other dental problems?
- Medications: The probabilities of a dry mouth get increases when you are on any kind of medications.
- Nutritional deficiencies: sometimes nutritional deficiencies may lead to dry mouths, like lack of vitamins.
- Stress level: Stress can be the reason for not producing enough saliva, which a happy mind can do better. Anxiety can be followed by stress.
- Cancer treatment: As cancer treatment includes lots of medications, therapies and stress level which ultimately leads to dry mouth.
- Smoking and consumption of alcohol: Though these are the factors which do not trigger it but can aggravate the current situation.
- Pregnancy: During pregnancy, the body of pregnant women goes through a lot of hormonal changes. In some of the pregnancy cases, women do also have gestational diabetes as well. These factors can be the reason for a dry mouth.
- Dehydration: lack of water in the body can also be the reason for dry mouth.
You do not have to worry about the problem of dry mouth, as here are some of the home remedies which will help you to get rid of dry ness of mouth problem:
Dehydration can be the main reason for dry mouth, which means that you are getting enough fluids to solve this problem.
The studies have shown that to get away from the problems like dehydration every man should intake at least 3 liters of water every day and women should take 2.5 liters of water throughout the day even if they are not active during the day. It is here to note that dehydration always not results of dryness of mouth.
To see the better results try to drink 2-3 glass of warm water in the morning with an empty stomach, this will help you cleanse your stomach which will also help you in getting rid of dry mouth.
Lemons are a very important remedy in the case of dry mouth and it also enhances the health of person and beauty as well. The lemon contains citric acid which helps in keeping the mouth fresh and clean while also take care of the production of the saliva to combat dry mouth.
- Take a half lemon and a glass of water and honey is optional.
- Squeeze the juice out of a lemon in a glass of water.
- Add some honey in it for the sake of taste. Now store this juice in a cool place and try to drink this juice throughout the day for the best results.
Note: You should only use this juice once a day i.e. only a glass of this mixture should be consumed during the day because excess consumption of the citric fruits may lead to erosion of the enamel and teeth.
These are the seed which is rich in metabolites which are called flavonoids. This flavonoid stimulates the production of the saliva which helps in cleaning your mouth. The aromatic nature of the fennel seeds also keeps the bad breath away and also keeps the mouth fresh for a long time
- Take one teaspoon of fennel seeds
- Chew these fennel seeds after every meal
- Eat this daily after every meal
As we all know that olive oil has the properties which are anti-inflammatory and it also contains antioxidants properties. The olive oil has a cleansing effect which will help in keeping your mouth clean and moist.
Olive oil helps to treat the symptoms of the dry mouth and keep the mouth clean and fresh. This is only due to the presence of the compound which is called oleocanthal.
- Take one teaspoon of olive oil
- Now swish the olive oil for 10 minutes in your mouth
- After 10 minutes spit it out and brush the teeth.
- Try this once daily
Aloe vera juice:
You do have the option to drink the aloe vera juice or a regular basis or you can swish the mouth with aloe juice every day. Both of these therapies are quite effective and in getting you a natural treatment for dry mouth.
It is one of the easiest ways to adhere to. Aloe vera is easily available in the market and has got something which has various types of other benefits for the body and the skin if taken in the juice form
Apple cider vinegar:
The main component of the apple cider vinegar is acetic acid. Apple cider vinegar is mostly known for its antibacterial and antioxidant properties. It is also sometimes used to cure diabetes and many problems related to the mouth.
- Take one teaspoon of ACV
- Take one glass of water
- Now add ACV to a glass of water and mix this well. Consume this throughout the day and follow this remedy daily
Now to complete this article I would like to share a general tip which will help you to treat dryness of mouth, which is homeopathy. Homeopathy is one of the best and safest natural cures which can help you to treat your dry mouth problem within some time permanently.
A general remedy is a water, consume as much water as possible as it will make your body hydrate and try to consume some fruits like watermelons which help you to stay hydrated. Hope the above information was useful.