We all try to hide our double chin by wearing a scarf, tilting our heads just right when someone clicks our pic and wearing top with high neck. There is no doubt that under our chins an extra layer of fatty tissue is present which is caused by being overweight. This sagging skin can also be occurred due to age and skin loses elasticity. In some cases this double chin problem can be genetic also.
There are many expert doctors who can remove double chin by their surgical equipment but that can be expensive. To avoid that expenses here are some simple home remedies to get rid of a double chin that is painless and pocket friendly too. While following these home remedies, it is needless to say that you need to reduce excess weight with a proper exercises and diet plan.
So here are top home remedies which you can follow to get rid of double chin:
Sugar free gum:
It is very important to keep your muscles toned to get rid of double chin. Chewing a sugar free gum will help you with that. It will help in giving the muscles in your jaw line a workout. Chewing a sugar free gum will also help you in maintain a healthy gums and teeth.
You simply need to chew a sugar free gum several times whole day to reduce your double chin problem as fast as possible.
Cocoa butter daily use can help to get rid of the double chin problem and it will also improve the elasticity of your skin.
- Take a few tablespoons of cocoa butter and warm them in microwave.
- Now massage this gently on your double chin and neck for some time.
- Do this two times a day, every night before going to bed and before taking a bath in morning.
Wheat germ oil:
Another effective way to get rid of double chin is daily massage of neck with wheat germ oil.
As wheat germ contains the goodness of vitamin E oil which does help in tighten the skin and nourishing also.
- Take some wheat germ oil and rub it around the chin area before going to bed.
- Now massage gently from chin to bottom of the neck for 15 minutes.
- Leave the oil there on the skin whole night.
- Follow this regularly to get better results in the appearance of double chin.
Egg whites are generally used for the purpose of skin tighten as it has skin tightening effects. Egg white mask can be a great help in removing the double chin and also very good for the overall development of the skin.
- Take two egg whites in a glass bowl, whisk them together. Add one tablespoon each of lemon juice, honey and milk.
- Add some peppermint essential oil for the cooling effect.
- Apply this mask around the neck and chin area.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off after 30 minutes with lukewarm water and pat dry skin with a clean and soft towel.
- Follow this daily for the better and quick results.
To get rid of double chin you can also make a natural mask with glycerin.
- You need to make a mixture with one tablespoon of glycerin, few drops of peppermint oil and one half tablespoon of Epsom salt in it.
- Use a cotton ball to apply it on the chin and neck area.
- Leave it for 30 minutes so that it absorb into the skin.
- Wash it off with cool water.
- Follow this four to five times a week to get good results.
Chin exercises are another very good way to treat the double chin problem. Chin exercises can help tone and stretch your face, neck and jaw muscles. These exercises will also strengthen the neck and chin muscles and relive stiffness.
- While keeping your spine erect, slowly tilt your head back until you are looking at the ceiling.
- Pucker up your lips in a pout.
- Stay in this position for 5 counts and then release it slowly.
- Repeat this exercise 5 to 10 times in a row. To get the better results do this daily for few weeks.
- Note: you can perform these exercise whether standing or sitting, just make sure your spine is erect.
Green tea is a rich source of antioxidants and various components which helps in speed up the metabolism rate of the body. The good metabolism rate helps in burning some extra calories and also helps in losing some weight.
You should start your day with a cup of green tea and should drink 5-6 cups of green tea throughout the day. There are many flavors of green tea available in the market so that you can choose the one which suits you the most.
The increment in daily intake of vitamin E can help you to get rid of the double chin. It will improve the general health of the skin and increase the elasticity of skin.
Vitamin E’s rich sources are wheat germ oil, green leafy vegetables, brown rice, legumes, nuts and seeds, barley, beans, peanuts, soybeans and liver.
- Take vitamin E supplement after consulting a doctor first.
- Include those foods which are rich in vitamin E as much as possible in the daily diet of yours.
Melon too can help get rid of the double chin and tone the skin:
- Extract some fresh juice of melon. Now take cotton ball and apply this juice on the skin around the chin and neck and the gently massage over that. Leave it there for 20 minutes before washing off with water. To get the best results combine some apple juice with melon juice and then massage the soft tissue around your jaw line.
- Eating more lemon will help you in get rid of double chin as it is very high in water content. It is great in flushing out the toxins from the body and aid in weight loss also.
Some general additional tips:
- To get rid of these kind of skin problems drink lots of water and eat more foods with high water content such as cucumbers, melons, celery and lettuce. Try to reduce the consumption of coffee, alcohol and carbonated drinks.
- Try to improve the posture of your sitting; keep the head up, neck should be erect and body should be straight.
- Try to do some sorts of cardio exercises and also some weight training in your workout routine.
- Do not eat any kind of fatty and spice or even junk foods to avoid happening any such problems.