Cracked feet can be painful and also disgraceful. Cracked feet are a very common problem these days mostly in women. Cracked feet are common in the winter season because in winter season or skin become dry. So to make our skin soft during the winter season we need to moisturize our skin with the help of some creams or natural moisturizers.
In this article I will show you some home remedies which will help you in treat the cracked feet. Some of the remedies are so effective and fast that it will treat your cracked feed over the night and the cost of that remedy is near to zero. So do read this article to the last and enjoy the home remedies for cracked feet.
Cracked feet can also give problems like itching, redness, inflammation and peeling skin. If proper precautions are not taken timely then these cracked feet may get deeper and may cause bleeding and pain also.
So before moving to the home remedies for cracked feet, let us understand the causes of cracked feet, here are some:
- Dry air
- Lack of moisture during the winter season
- Improper or no care of feet
- A complete unhealthy diet
- Standing on the hard floor and wearing some wrong kind of shoes.
- Some kind of disease like diabetes, eczema, corns, calluses and thyroid may be the reason of your cracked feet.
If you have cracked feet then don’t worry here are some home remedies which will help you in treating your cracked feet:
Washing and rubbing the skin of your feet will definitely help in removing the dead skin, which will prevent the cracking and the dryness. Rice flour can be used to make a homemade scrub which will help in treat the cracked feet.
- Here is the recipe for making the scrub, Take a handful of ground rice and mix it with some teaspoon of honey and some apple cider vinegar. Mix it until it becomes a thick paste. You can also add olive oil or almond oil in this paste if cracking on the feet is so bad.
- Put your feet in warm water for around 15 minutes and after that scrub this rice flour paste gently on the cracked feet.
- Try to repeat this process 2-3 times a week until satisfied with the results.
Indian Lilac are also known as the Neem or margosa leaves. It is a very effective remedy for your cracked feet especially in the case of itchy and infected cracked feet. Neem helps in soothing dry and irritated skin and also fight the infection. It has also contains some fungicidal properties.
- Take some Neem leaves and crush them to make a fine paste. Add 2-3 teaspoons of the turmeric powder in it. Now mix this well.
- Apply this paste over the entire cracks and leave it on for at least half an hour.
- After 30 minutes wash your feet with warm water and dry it with a clean cloth.
There is a large variety of vegetable oils which can be used to treat the cracked feet. This variety contains:
- Olive oil
- Hydrogenated vegetable oil
- Coconut oil
- Sesame oil
To see the best results apply this remedy before going to bed at night so that it will have sufficient time to get full access of your skin.
- First wash your feet with soapy water and scrub them with a pumice stone
- Let them dry for a couple of minutes
- Apply any vegetable oil on entire crack and soles
- Now take a pair of clean soaks and leave them on overnight while asleep. In the morning you will notice your heals have become softer.
- Repeat this process for few days until get the desired result.
Lemon have acidic property which can be very effective in softening the rough skin which leads to cracking.
- Wash your feet with warm water with lemon juice added into it. Do not use very hot water, because hot water can cause your feet to dry out more.
- Now take pumice stone and scrub your cracked area
- Now wash your feet and dry it with the help of a clean towel
Rosewater and glycerin:
The combination of rosewater and glycerin results in an effective home treatment for the cracked feet. Glycerin helps in soften the skin, that’s why it is so much used in the cosmetic products. Rosewater on the other hand adds vitamins like A, B3, C, D and E and antioxidants as well. It has some anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties also.
You need to mix same amount of rosewater and glycerin and then rub it gently on your cracked feet daily before going to bed at night.
Paraffin wax is used for the cracked feet if the condition of the cracked feet is too bad and causing a lot of pain, Paraffin wax treatment is known for providing instant relief. It works as a natural emollient which helps in softer the skin.
- Take one block of paraffin wax and melt it in a double boiler. Now take two table spoon of mustard oil or coconut oil and mix them it the melted paraffin wax.
- Let it cool until a thin layer of wax is made on the top. Now slowly dip your feet in the mixture, and wait for at least 10 to 15 seconds and then dip again. Do this therapy several times until a layer of wax built up on the cracked feet.
- After a layer of wax is built up, cover your feet with the help of plastic and wait for at least 30 minutes before removing of the plastic and peeling off the wax off your skin.
- Try this treatment once or twice a week to see the better and desired results.
Note: You need to note one thing while using the paraffin wax remedy that do not dip your feet in the wax mixture when it is too hot, and also do not use this remedy if you are already suffering from some sort of diabetes or have poor circulation of blood.
These above mentioned remedies are very effective and not so costly in comparison to the treatment offered by the doctors at their clinic. You can now save your money and time by using above remedies. Do try these remedies if your cracked feet are not in bad condition. If cracked feet are hurting you so much then only you should consult a doctor to get instant relief. Hope the above information was useful to you people.