When you are sitting on your sofa trying to eat your breakfast, but this thing inside your lip hurts so much that you cannot bear. Then you take a glass of orange juice and it stings so much that your eye’s start to water. Generally the canker sores do last for 1 week or so, but there are some home remedies that you can try to get rid of the canker sores in the first place and there are ways to make the hurt less and maybe, even heal faster.
To be clear we are not talking about cold sores here, which might get on your lips outside your mouth. Those are caused by a viral infection. Instead aft this ulcer are basically little abrasions inside, they are often caused by something that irritates a spot like braces or dentures rubbing against your check or acidic or spicy foods but there are other factors have involved to.
What are the causes of canker sores?
Following are or may be the causes for the canker sores:
- When people are stressed so much than there are chance of getting more canker sores than a without stressed person. It is possible because of the hormone released by the body in the stress which may cause inflammation and some sort of nutritional deficiencies.
- Some sort of nutritional deficiencies can cause canker sores like iron and Vitamin B12.
- Thin the cell layers lining your mouth may lead to more canker sores.
- Person who eats lots of spicy foods are having more chances to get a canker sore, try to avoid spicy foods.
- Person with anything sharp or poke in the mouth like braces have more chances of getting canker sores, but theirs is no guarantee that you won’t get one anyway.
- Accidental cheek bites
- Food allergies can be the reason for canker sores.
- Low immunity in people
- Bowel problem
- Some sort of genetic factors
The good news is there are good things dentists recommend trying to make a canker sore less painful while it heals. You can buy treatments with prescription given by doctor.
It is advised to take some remedial steps as soon as you notice the symptoms, now here are some home remedies for canker sores:
Aloe vera gel:
Aloe vera gel is very effective in providing relief from the canker sore problem. The soothing nature of aloe vera helps in healing the problem very effectively. The effective and good anti-inflammatory properties are there to reduce to inflammation and pain and it also has some sort of antiviral and anti-bacterial properties which helps in prevent the canker sores. It is therefore advised to put some cool aloe vera gel on your canker sore to get instant relief.
Baking soda is a very handy and useful remedy for the treatment of the canker sores. The rich anti-inflammatory properties of baking soda helps in reducing the pain and inflammation. The benefits of baking soda does not end here only as it also possesses some sort of anti-septic properties which are required to heal the canker sores faster.
Salt is also a very useful remedy to treat sore tongue. Its anti-septic nature helps in reducing the soreness effectively. Not only this, it also helps in bringing down the inflammation and pain and is also very effective in minimizing the risk of further infections. Mix some salt in lukewarm water and use the solution to rinse your mouth several times in a day.