What is blood circulation?
The superior and inferior vena cava are the blood vessels which carry carbon dioxide-rich blood from the different body paths to the right atrium and right ventricle.It’s all about blood circulation.
The blood goes to the lungs via a pulmonary artery for purification. In the lungs, there is an exchange of gases and oxygen-rich blood from here travels to the heart again from the pulmonary vein.
The poor blood circulation is when blood circulation is unable to provide blood to some parts of the body. This is mostly found in hands, legs, and toes. The common symptom of poor blood circulation is that a person suffering from this will have cold hands and legs.
What is the role of blood circulation?
Blood circulation serves many purposes like delivering the nutrients and oxygen to all the cells that are present in the body. It is composed with the help of heart and blood vessels that runs through the entire body. The arteries also deliver blood from the heart and the veins take it back to the heart.
The main role that blood circulation fulfills is that it services the cells of the body with working together with heart and blood vessels and the network of arteries, veins, and capillaries. The main function of the blood is to carry carbon dioxide to the lungs for the purpose of exhalation and picks up oxygen.
Major reasons for poor blood circulation:
- Smoking and alcohol: this is the biggest reason for poor circulation. You will notice that people who smoke or consumes alcohol or drink tea and coffee frequently or have bile kinds of stuff.
- Junk food: Kids are also found with poor circulation, kids who have this problem eat junk food a lot.
Symptoms that indicate a poor blood circulation:
There are a number of things that affect the blood circulation, like the food we eat, the air we inhale etc. So here are some of the symptoms that will indicate to you whether you have a poor blood circulation:
- Major loss of hairs from the body.
- Lack of energy during work time
- Skin becoming dry and dull
- Swelling in the feet, legs and any other body parts.
- Sudden change noticed in the skin temperature like cold hands, feet, ears etc.
- Cramps in the body parts like hands, legs etc.
So here are home remedies for better blood circulation:
Pumpkin reduces the absorption of fat in the arteries and thus the possibility of its sticking to the arteries. It also has a great texture to make a cream which is why it is the main ingredient in the recipe.
Once the pumpkin is cooked, add powder turmeric (a spice that is typical of India that is used more and more thanks to its anti-inflammatory and anticarcinogenic properties). In this case, turmeric helps maintain fluidity in the blood. When the cream is ready to add some pumpkin seeds which are rich in vitamin E, this vitamin protects the tissues of the body and also liquefies the blood which helps you prevents clots.
Orange, Papaya and Ginger smoothie:
A sweet and exotic smoothie that will help improve your circulation and raise your defenses as well. Orange and papaya give you vitamin C which strengthens the capillary walls and prevents accumulation of plaque in the blood. The other ingredient is ginger is a spice that stimulates circulation in general if you add it to this smoothie. It will also help the stomach absorb nutrients and oxygen, as a result, your body will get the nutrients it needs to circulate throughout the body.
Stir all the ingredients with water and sweetened with honey, agave syrup or cane sugar.
Arugula and Rosemary Pesto:
An original sauce for pasta rice, arugula pesto seasoned with fresh rosemary. Crush up the following ingredients:
- 50 mL of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves
- One teaspoon of sea salt
- 100 grams of fresh arugula
- A pinch of fresh rosemary
- 2 handfuls or pine nuts or raw walnuts
Rosemary is a great internal and external remedy for better circulation and garlic helps clean your blood and avoid the accumulation of plaque. The texture must be solid but creamy.
Spicy tomato juice:
Tomatoes are vegetable rich in lycopene. An antioxidant nutrient that stimulates blood circulation and helps prevent cardiac problems. Cayenne pepper is a spice that is used in small amounts because it is very spicy but when used in moderation, it helps increase in circulation and liquefy the blood.
Blend appealed mature tomato and add a splash of extra virgin olive oil. A pinch of salt, a little bit of parsley or basil and a pinch of cayenne pepper. This juice is great as an appetizer and a snack.
Now here are some foods that will help you to improve blood circulation:
- Dark chocolate: Cocoa contains flavonoids which are naturally found in plants and fruits and has been well linked to improving blood circulation. Dark chocolate rich in natural flavonoids improves blood circulation when compared with white chocolate with no flavonoids.
- Sunflower seeds: Sunflower seeds are rich in vitamin E which is shown to help keep blood clots from forming. They are great at helping improve circulation. Likewise, so are foods such as olives, nuts, and pumpkin seeds.
- Garlic: Garlic has many uses and one of them is it cleanses the blood and helps prevent plaque buildup. Other foods in the bulb group such as radishes, onions, and leeks are also good at stimulating blood flow.
- Goji Berries: Goji berries can be found in natural health stores and look similar to raisins. They are high in fiber to help boost the immune system as well as increasing blood circulation.
- Oranges: Oranges and other citrus fruits high vitamin C are natural blood thinners and are said to strengthen capillary walls and prevent plaque build-up which leads to poor circulation.
- Root ginger: Ginger is also known for helping nausea and digestion problems as well as increasing blood circulation. Ginger can be eaten raw or added to foods or why not try ginger tea.
So above are some remedies and foods that you should use if you are suffering from poor blood circulation. Some of the other tips that I would like to share with you are: Try to have high fiber vegetables like cauliflower, cabbage. Add fruits in your diets like oranges and juices of vegetables like carrot juice, beetroot juice, and gooseberry juice is also very healthier in this case.
Some more remedy if I would like to tell you then here is that: Drink warm cow milk with a pinch of turmeric and one tablespoon of honey.
Try to avoid excess consumption of tea, coffee and completely avoid smoking and alcohol if you are suffering from this problem.